Ottawa Museum Crawl Continues...

Yesterday's visit was to the ever exciting currency museum. Admission was free so that was a big plus.

Museums are soooo much more interesting and more informative when you take the tour. I was there a little early so I did the self guided version which wasn't much fun. The tour was on counterfeiting and the history of how money came about and was very well organized. The guide was actually really good, he added humour which I liked.

There was the token crazy history-buff mom with her even crazier keener-than-you -can imagine, digital- picture- taking, wanna-be-indiana-jones-jr-daughter. She was amusing until she bumped me to get a closer look at something in the collection.

Most important there is a coin worth 1.5 million dollars in this museum and that was worth the admission..oh wait...nevermind.

And while technically not a museum I also took in the Changing of the guard ceremony before I hit the museum...There is something to be said for being a tourist in your own town.

posted by aforward @ 2:07 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me

Previous Posts

Blogs

Links

Archives

What Am I Reading


Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates

eXTReMe Tracker