A Credit Card Bill of $0:Good Feeling

So in a strange twist of events our credit card bills may be $0 this month. We weren't even trying too hard... it just sort of happened. Andrew has been working a little bit extra at the keg so that has helped.

Anyway my little experiment (not being able to use my mastercard for three months) was a good exercise in not using credit cards.

I think I'd like to stop using them all together. I envy people who don't own credit cards.

Goes back to my favourite saving tip; If you can't buy that toy you want to today in cash, it means you probably can't afford it...and therefore don't need it until you can afford it.

Treats are more fun after you've saved up for them.

Husband may not agree, but I'm willing to sacrifice the grocery points for the freedom of not having credit cards. I can see their use for travel and online purchases but that is about it.

posted by aforward @ 11:30 AM,

1 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger Ryan Lowe said...

I *never* keep a balance on my credit card because of the crazy interest rates. But I do buy a lot of things with the credit card because it's easy and because I get points.

I pay over 18% on my credit card and 6% on my line of credit. If I can't pay of the credit card debt I just move the debt to my line of credit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me

Previous Posts

Blogs

Links

Archives

What Am I Reading


Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates

eXTReMe Tracker