Entrepreneur vs Government Worker

One would assume being an entrepreneur would be a lot more fun than my little desk job, but now I'm not so sure.

As I've learned from the Travel Agency, it's a lot of work, responsibility and lot of hours to run a business. It means working evenings and weekends.

And the pay scale is so unbalanced. Work a lot make a little, work a little make a lot. It is random, unstructured and uncertain.

Entrepreneurship is definitely not for the lazy.

I know in future businesses I own, they will be more like investments in real estate and ideas. Nothing as hands on as the travel agency, we have our hands full with that and we haven't spent a penny on advertising. It's a great learning experience running your own business hands-on, I wouldn't trade it for anything...but next time...I'll invest differently.

I think I like being the local neighbourhhod travel resource for our friends and family. Nothing more, nothing less. The referrals will come through word of mouth.

What is most interesting is that it wasn't hard finding clients, the hard part was/is servicing them properly and professionally. This is what takes the most time and effort out of our day.

posted by aforward @ 11:56 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me

Previous Posts

Blogs

Links

Archives

What Am I Reading


Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates

eXTReMe Tracker