A Second Look At Money

Up until now I've a little bit obsessive with our budget. I log into our bank account everyday to make sure everything is just right. I always have to know andsee what is going in and out.

It is good because on one hand I can check for any mistakes or banking errors and it keeps us on track to reach our financial goals.

It is bad because I put too much added/uneeded pressure on us.

Then I was enlightened this weekend by an anomamly which occurred. I made my first cash withdrawl from the mortgage account. What makes it an anomaly is that it was a withdrawl that wasn't accounted for in our budget.

The point is, it was a nice feeling to have a big wad of cash in my wallet and not really have a care as to what the consequences were. We had a great weekend filled with Pho and Sushi and recessed lights. All purchased with my little wad.

The second point is...we are only 26 and we are way ahead af where we should be at this age. We have own a home, we have RRSPs, we don't carry credit card debt, we don't have the major expense of a car and we have pretty secure jobs. So why do I feel like we are alwys pinching pennies instead of going out and experiencing all that life has to offer.

Full-Time, career type 9-5 jobs are so restrictive.

I think about how much happier I am on the weekend then during week. I still work on the weekend but, working for myself just somehow doesn't seem like work.

An then I spoke to an old friend on the weekend and she mentioned she had just landed her dream job. Well I'm not sure how anything that involves working 9-5 for someone else can be a dream, but maybe I have a lot to learn.

Well if everything works out like how I am hoping, I will be self employed sooner rather later. And I also have no doubt our bank account will not suffer from my next career move.

I have my brother to thank I guess, he has been my entrepreneurial inspiration through this whole process.

posted by aforward @ 12:32 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me

Previous Posts

Blogs

Links

Archives

What Am I Reading


Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates

eXTReMe Tracker