A New Diet is A Long Term Investment not a Fad

When I refer to my new diet, I'm referring to eating habits not the I'm trying to lose weight kind of diet. I'm just trying to eat more healthy foods and less processed foods.

But I think you have to look at dieting (either definition) like you would an investment. It is some thing for the long term. Start with small changes an in a year or so you will have developed healthy eating habits that will stay with you for the long term. The benefits your body will feel will compound juts like interest would on and investment.

Some things I learned.A little fat in you diet is not a bad thing. Infact fat helps the body absorb nutrients. So in other words if you have a salad with fat free dressing you are making it more difficult for your body to absorb the wonderful nutrients in your salad.

Don't cut things out that you like as this will lead to cravings and make it more difficult for to stay on track. Replace instead of cut out. Replace bad sugars (candy, chocolate) with good sugars (fruits and pure juices). Replace bad carbs (french fries) with good carbs (high fibre cereals, whole wheat pasta), replace fatty meats (bacon & sausage) with leaner meats (fish and seafood). Replace bad fats (mcdonalds) with good fats (nuts, dairy)

There is also a little psychology involved. For example I love Oranges. I would rather eat an orange than a chocolate bar. It is just as sweet, it is more refreshing, it is unprocessed and it's good for you. The more Good For You foods that you can say "I'd rather eat", the closer you get to cashing out your investment.

posted by aforward @ 9:53 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me

Previous Posts

Blogs

Links

Archives

What Am I Reading


Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates

eXTReMe Tracker