The Thing I Want...

I've decided to start saving for something... Its more than a toy so I won't call it that. It will sound kind of funny but I really want a record player, or turntable or phonograph...whatever they are calling them these days.

I want all kinds of old jazz records. Donald Byrd, Charlie Parker, Miles Davis. Etc Sarah Vaughn is my absolute favourite. Boy I'm going to spendig a lot of time on eBay. This is cool though will be kind of like a new hobby.

Two movie soundtracks come to mind "The Majestic" with Jim Carey some really good big band and more recently "Good Night, and Good Luck" which had some great 50's jazz performed by Dianne Reeves.

Not really sure where to start looking for a record player?

Andrew asked if I wanted some kind of giant thing with a horn. Nope just something compact, with a dash of retro.

Remember when Hanibal Lecter is playing his classical music in his cell with all that blood all over his face. It'll be kind of like that...except without all the blood, guts and fava beans. Maybe he just had a ghetto blaster or something...I can't remember.

I'm excited...

posted by aforward @ 11:35 AM,

3 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger royassaly said...

Yeah, I need a new one too. There's one at the Sony Store for $179.

I actually have about 100 vinyl records, including some Jazz from the 50s and 60s with some Funk and Rock from the 70s and 80s. Although I'm not selling any cause it's all I have :)

http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/servlet/ProductDetailDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&productId=129135

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger aforward said...

well maybe I can "borrow" then : )

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Bren said...

I've got a record player in my basement you can have. All though it might be a bit too retro for you guys, what with it's integrated 8-track player and real fake wood panneling and all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me

Previous Posts

Blogs

Links

Archives

What Am I Reading


Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates

eXTReMe Tracker