Vegetarian Cooking 101

Had a fun time on Saturday at my vegetarian cookig class. I have never taken a cooking class before and boy are they fun. Well actually what's fun is the sampling.

Who knew vegetables could taste so good. I now have recipes for Fennel, leeks, kholrabi and other vegetables I would have never dreamed of buying.

I think spaghetti squash is now my new favourite thing ever! Who knew a vegetable could look (and act) like pasta.



I also liked the lecture part of the class. She taught us about which foods can help prevent cancer and how some seasonings or natural additives you can add to food can make them so much better for you without affecting the taste. For example nutritional yeast contains a lot of protein and B complex vitamins which we miss out not eating red meat. You can just sprinkle a little in your soups or a shake.
You can use flax seed oil in cooking or salad dressings to get those Omega 3 fatty acids. (you can't heat flax seed oil at a high temperature or you will break down the Omega 3 molecules)

posted by aforward @ 2:01 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me

Previous Posts

Blogs

Links

Archives

What Am I Reading


Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates

eXTReMe Tracker