Some Salad Recipes

I have to come up with funky names for some of these new salads I'm creating in my kitchen. I'll name a few after Yoga Poses...or use those new wine names (eg: Fat Bastard) for inspiration.

Downward Facing Dog:

Toasted/Spiced slivered Almonds and Pumpkin Seeds (spiced with cayenne, salt and pepper-toast in a pan on the stove medium heat flipping them around once and a while until brown...toasting nuts this way is actually fun.)

Greens
Grape Tomatoes
Cucumber
Feta (sliced lengthwise instead of crumbled)

Dressing: Rasberry Vinaigrette

This was very good and very easy to make. After I did the nuts/seeds over the stove they still crackled while I put them over the salad it was funky...well worthy of a yoga name.

Trying This One Tonight

California Hustle

Greens
Grilled Pear
Mandarin Orange Slices
Dried Cranberries
Toasted Pumpkin seeds

Dressing:
Yogurt
Lemon
Olive Oil
Tarragon
Salt pepper
Chives

Both salads have a nice mix of the four food groups and a good balance of fats/carbs/proteins.

posted by aforward @ 2:39 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me

Previous Posts

Blogs

Links

Archives

What Am I Reading


Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates

eXTReMe Tracker