What Does This Sign Mean To You?

I was in line at the Loblaws by Algonquin College last night and this sign was posted at all the cash registers:

"No Returns Accepted on All Passover Products".

Unless there is a possibility that Passover might be cancelled this year... the sign is a little offensive.

I mean this is probably more offensive (and probably wouldn't fit on a sign): "if you are Jewish we know you are cheap and like to return things so just don't bother this year." but (to me) the message is the same.

Either way it is rude and tactless.

But who knows maybe Loblaws experiences severe losses at this time of year due to product returns to warrant such a miserable sign.

posted by aforward @ 11:21 AM,

3 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger aforward said...

I think what I find odd is that you don't see signs on February 15th (or any other holiday for that matter) that say no returns on Valentine's Candy.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Arik said...

If you've had any passover products, you'd know that they are not worth keeping around. Matzah tastes like cardboard. Don't get me started on the other stuff like the passover breakfast cereals. The problem is, people always buy too much passover products... Loblaws doesn't want to restock on things that are just not going to resell .

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger aforward said...

yes matzah does taste like cardboard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me

Previous Posts

Blogs

Links

Archives

What Am I Reading


Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates

eXTReMe Tracker