Holland World Cup Squad Announced

Who's getting giddy?

Keepers: Edwin van der Sar, Maarten Stekelenburg and Henk Timmer

Defenders: Khalid Boulahrouz, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Tim de Cler, Johnny Heitinga, Kew Jaliens, Jan Kromkamp, Joris Mathijsen and André Ooijer

Midfielders: Mark van Bommel, Phillip Cocu, Denny Landzaat, Hedwiges Maduro, Wesley Sneijder and Rafael van der Vaart

Forwards: Ryan Babel , Dirk Kuyt, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Robin van Persie, Arjen Robben and Jan Vennegoor.

If you cheer for a particular country at the World Cup you can follow along at the World Cup Country Blogs http://www.worldcupblog.org/. I'm only subscribed to the Netherlands right now but will likely add England and T & T to my blogroll.

The bloggers actually do a really great job and spark some good conversations on squad choices infighting, injury updates etc.

25 days

Why Holland?

When I was in high school Holland came to play Canada in Toronto for a friendly International match. It was one of my first international games and one of my fondest soccer memories. They are a European team that plays like a South American team and their wingers have always been central in their attack from Cruyff to Overmars and now little Robben. I was winger so have a tendency to be drawn to teams who use the wing a lot.

I even have a picture of my husband in Holland with a KNVB Jersey On...(just before we started going out.)

posted by aforward @ 9:58 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me

Previous Posts

Blogs

Links

Archives

What Am I Reading


Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates

eXTReMe Tracker