Getting Through To Bell

So it took officially 2 weeks for me to finally get through to a live person at Bell. I was attempting to cancel my pre-paid cellular phone service and wasn't prepared for how difficult it would be. First off there is now an automated message from the Bell president (Michael something or other) who rambles on about the new changes to the billing system. Quite politely he mentions that you should hang up if it's a Monday because that's when their "call volume" is highest. Then he says if you still want to wait on the line (ie: be put on hold for an hour, listening to Muzak) then press 1. So I press 1 to continue...Only to receive a "sorry this line is not in service". Well thank you Mr. President of Bell for connecting me to the wrong number. So I decide to try again calling from a landline instead of my cellphone on a day that isn't Monday. The automated President gets back on and this time connects me to a "right number". The friendly automated attendant says "call volumes" are high, if you want to enter your phone number we will call you back when an operator is ready. I say cool...So I enter my work number...No call back. So a few days later I try again for the automated call back service and voila, yes...I'm in! But wait the call back is an automated person who puts me on hold and says I'm next in line...So after a little more waiting I'm through to a live attendant. Who asks me the question I dread most when dealing with cellphone or credit card customer service calls "What is the address associated with this number" (To give you an idea why this is stressful, in a two year span I lived at 9 different addresses). After nudging a few clues out of the customer service lady I was able to pick the correct address on the fifth try...phew... Two weeks of work almost straight out the window. So customer service lady was most unpleasant having to explain that all their systems are wonky and she can't do anything having to do with my credit card and blah, blah, blah. Luckily what I wanted to have done her computer could process at the time.

posted by aforward @ 9:32 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me

Previous Posts

Blogs

Links

Archives

What Am I Reading


Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates

eXTReMe Tracker