My First UFC Pay-Per View

Andrew was nice enough to take me to a Sports Bar last night so that I could watch UFC 56 on the big screen.

Wow did we ever have a lot of fun.

UFC is no longer about brawling, it's about highly skiled martial artists specialzing in a number of disciplines. I'm sorry it gets such a bad rap for being brutally violent, it really isn't. And when you see skilled fighters like Canadian Georges St. Pierre with such smooth transitions and actions it's really neat to watch. Georges beat on Sean Sherk for a round and a half before Sherk gave in under a relentless pounding. Big cheers from the crowd for a local Montreal Guy on the big stage. Way to go "Rush".

Anyways all my guys won, so that's probably why I was so excited.

In an uneventul title match. Matt Hughes submitted Joe Riggs via Kimura. Basiclly bent his arm backwards in a very nasty way. I say uneventful because the challenger didn't make weight and it was no longer considered a title match

Rich Franklin used Nate Quarry as punching bag before finally knocking him out cold midway through the first round. First he broke his nose and then crushed him with a right cross. Quarry went down like a rock and we even saw a little bit of a leg twitch as he lay there unconcious. Well maybe it is a bit violent.


UFC 56 gets an official: I Love It!

posted by aforward @ 11:28 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me

Previous Posts

Blogs

Links

Archives

What Am I Reading


Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates

eXTReMe Tracker