Ottawa Museum Crawl: Stop 2

Visited the National Gallery of Art on Thursday. The Gallery is free after 5:00 on Thursdays and it is the only night the museum is open until 8:00pm.

My favourite part was the little pool area (I am sure there is a classier name for it.) Anyways it is just the perfect place to reflect or meditate or whatever. Picture an open area with a really high open cathedral ceiling and what looks like an indoor pool, surrounded by stone benches and sculptures. We made wishes by throwing pennies into the pool and mine already came true...woo hoo.

Ever since I saw the Group of Seven in Western Canada exhibit while I was in Victoria a few years ago I've enjoyed their pieces... so I enjoyed this display as well.

The Gallery is such a beautiful building I am still not sure why they put that spider out front. While it may be art I find it an eyesore that doesn't fit with the architecture of the building or any of its surroundings.

We purposley didn't see everything so we could go back another day.

Next stop: The Currency Museum and Mint

posted by aforward @ 8:14 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me

Previous Posts

Blogs

Links

Archives

What Am I Reading


Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates

eXTReMe Tracker