Maria Full of Grace

Good films invoke feelings in us that we don't normally feel. This movie made me sick to my stomach... but not in a bad way (never felt that before).

Maria Full of Grace is an excellent film about the drug trade more specifically mules. I especially like the way it was filmed. I mean we hear about people swallowing drugs to smuggle them...but to actually see someone practice for and then swallow 20-30 giant grape sized pellets, knowing that if one breaks you are so dead and then sitting on a plane with those things just sitting there is quite incredible.

The film's title is also briliant. Grace could refer to the baby, as a oxymoron in reference to the drugs, how she handles herself when she is about to get caught, the free spirtedness she shows throughout the movie, dumping the boyfriend, telling off her sister, and then at the end.

I just learned she was nominated for the Oscar(last year)in this role...cool.

posted by aforward @ 11:18 AM,

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger royassaly said...

saw it when it came out at Bytowne a year or so ago...great flick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me

Previous Posts

Blogs

Links

Archives

What Am I Reading


Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates

eXTReMe Tracker