Running a Business

Well it's something I've always wanted to do and after a few failures...Which I have now renamed "learning experiences" our travel business appears to be off and running. I must admit I had a few doubts at first and I still have doubts but we've already helped a handful of people see their loved ones over the holidays and that has made all the difference. They will be traveling at a fraction of the price they would have paid via Expedia. We now also have access to a great emerging market "Educators". This group can branch into school trips, retired teachers, march/spring break and summer holidays. Andrew's mom has been a great help getting our foot into this market.

Next is to better set up the home office and we need more standardized booking procedures. We just kind of scribble things down in multiple notebooks. But we are on our way. Still hoping for a bit more training from head office so we can get the deer in headlights feeling out of the way. Maybe an email to Phil will do the trick.

I also like how we haven't yet had to spend a dime on marketing. I think the only thing we'll do is host a travel seminar. I'm thinking "Foods of the World" Travel Show. Where people can sample foods, listen to jazz and learn about our company.

Well most importantly I now have a new hobby!

Can't wait till we get to use our services. Maybe I can convince the hubby to go somewhere last minute in January.

Person of the Week (before I forget): Ken Jennings...The Jeopardy guy...What this guy has done is truly amazing and I think Time magazine should seriously consider him for person of the year.

Thought on Days: When I'm home from work I realize how difficult it is to watch Days without being able to fast forward the commercials and boring scenes.

posted by aforward @ 1:13 PM,

1 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A January trip eh?

Perhaps.

I have a renewed interest in a closet though.

- hubby

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me

Previous Posts

Blogs

Links

Archives

What Am I Reading


Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates

eXTReMe Tracker