To Eat or not to Eat Meat

For quite a while I had stopped eating red meat, mostly because I just didn't like the taste or texture. I had also heard that too much red meat isn't very healthy. I limited my meat intake to just poultry and fish.

Then my relationship with my husband (then boyfriend) started to become more serious. With any relationship comes family dinners. Rather than be a burden to the chef (oh yeah Ayana doesn't eat meat). I tried to stay quiet and just eat what was put in front of me. The only truly difficult incident was the one with pork, but I won't go there.

Then my husband started to eat hamburgers, I mean a lot of hamburgers. So I added hamburgers back to my diet. Mainly because I looked like an idiot at summer barbecues with my little chicken breast.

Then my husband started to work at the Keg. Steak Heaven. There are menu choices at the Keg that I like that aren't steak based which is good for me; the Fajitas or Nachos is what I usually order. I'll eat a steak once in a blue moon.

Well then my husband, the barbeque genius went and ordered some bulk steaks from the Keg on the weekend. Grilled to perfection and what can I say I may need to have another steak before the next blue moon.

Anyway, I'm not sure why, but everytime I think of steak, I remember that scene in the Matrix with Cypher...going over to the dark side talking about his steak.

Anyways that is basically my transition back into meat land. There are still certain meats that I cannot stomach:

-ground beef in pasta sauces
-bacon on its own
-pork
-lamb
-lamb chops
-roast beef
-ribs

posted by aforward @ 4:29 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me

Previous Posts

Blogs

Links

Archives

What Am I Reading


Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates

eXTReMe Tracker