su/do/ku

Apparently these little puzzles are all the rage nowadays. I found my dad playing them at the cottage a few weekends ago, but never tried it then.

Sudokus are logic/number puzzles. The aim of the puzzle is to enter a numeral from 1 through 9 in each cell of a 9x9 grid, starting with various numerals given. Each row, column and region must contain only one instance of each numeral.




sudoku puzzle example source: brainbashers

So yesterday I picked up the paper and tried one out. I enjoyed it, but I like logic puzzles. Then I brought a "hard level" one home. Probably not a great idea to try hard level on your third try. I struggled with it for most of the evening. Only finishing it in bed after giving up in the early part of the evening.

Hey looks like I have found something to add to my hobby list.

Update on golf swing: went to the range and sucked it up. I re-read a chapter and think I see where I'm messing up. Will have to wait to the next visit to the range.



posted by aforward @ 11:03 AM,

2 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Hannes said...

I love those! Only because I do them alot and I'm a so called "genius" level now, I like being a genius.

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my grandsons have also discovered these fun puzzles. They are 6 and 9. It if great working together with them to finish one. Love your web site. Grandma T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me

Previous Posts

Blogs

Links

Archives

What Am I Reading


Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates

eXTReMe Tracker