Impulse Buy

So we bought a new TV yesterday, just on a whim...one of those impulse type buys. While we didn't really need a new TV there was a few things that had us sold.

-The sales guy (Sherwyn) was really cool, laid back and reminded me of my friend Clif

-It was one of those unique sales where the manager had to come out to make sure the price was correct. They were packaging this TV with the new XBOX next week and due to the fact they could no longer offer the package because the XBOX is undersupplied, they gave an extra $100.00 off the already sale price.

-You get HDTV PVR free for 6 months

-It looks more expensive than it is, it is very thin but not plasma or LCD, but looks like one from the front. I can't deal with the pixelation on some LCD TVs so it's perfect and much, much cheaper.

-Yeah, I get to watch the superbowl in HDTV

-It was the perfect size (30")...a little bigger than our old one and smaller than what our projector can show.

-Anyways I find those giant TVS don't show that great a picture, just a lot of pixelation. And I don't know why future shop has TVs on display showing such crappy pictures.

Got the sucker home...

-Andrew made me try and carry this thing from the car to the apartment. That was probably the heaviest thing I ever had to carry. At one point as we were trying to get it out of the car,Andrew said "well it feels like I'm carrying all of it". (in my head I was saying...yes that's actually pretty accurate). Anyways I finally sucked it up and after some bickering it finally made it into our living room.

-It truly is a beautiful TV, has a nice look, small foot print and a very sharp picture, which rocks cause we don't even have the HD signal yet. Of course I still have a few reservations about buying things we don't really need but...see above.

I owe Andrew a movie because I fell asleep last night before we could "test movies on it".



posted by aforward @ 1:03 PM,

2 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger royassaly said...

Do you have a link for that particular model? I'm also in search of buying some stuff that I don't need :-)!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger aforward said...

I put the link on the photo now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me

Previous Posts

Blogs

Links

Archives

What Am I Reading


Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates

eXTReMe Tracker