A Quick Lesson in Marketing


Many people find it odd how obsessed I am with infomercials and the shopping channel. Infact, even I find it somewhat disturbing how excited I am if there is a new infomercial on that I haven't seen. I think it comes from being a business student. I am a business student at heart. In university, Commerce was where I belonged.

So there is a lot to be learned from watching an infomercial, especially the master Ron Popeil. Yes this is the man who has brought us the food dehydrator, rotisserie oven, hair spray for the bald man and his most recent endeavor into kitchen knives. It's amazing the simple but effective marketing principles one can learn from watching one of Ron's commercials. Today I have analyzed Ron's Kitchen Knife infomercial:

Here is how just a few of these principles can apply to our travel business.

Word of Mouth Advertising: This involves letting our friends know what we offer and is something as easy as sending a personalized email to our address book.

Testimonials: We already have a few close friends or parents who have traveled with us. It's easy to get them to say a quick testimonial to put on our web site.

UPS: our premier members club it's free and the benefits speak for themselves access to group rates without being a part of a group, last minute club, monthly newsletter, coupons, discounts and great deals. We are also looking to create free planning kits as giveaways (destination wedding planning, school trip planner etc).

posted by aforward @ 1:09 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me

Previous Posts

Blogs

Links

Archives

What Am I Reading


Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates

eXTReMe Tracker