The Power of Content

I have another little rambling on how to get people to visit your web site and it could pay major dividends for my travel company and my not-for-profit fundraising company.

1. First, a lesson I've learned from Andrew's book What Clients Love. Your small business needs a "purpose" not a "mission statement". I think after being so overwhelmed by the competitive forces of the travel industry Andrew and I have had to re-think our original plan. I think our "Purpose Statement" should read more like this: To earn $20,000 per year in commissions from our business, to make travel expenses in our lives tax deductible, to make everyday expenses in our lives tax deductible, to find other revenue sources aside from bookings. $20,000 is a 125% return on our investment and it gives us the necessary credentials to earn our IATA cards which means even more significant savings on travel. It also takes a lot of pressure off of us. Once we (especially me) can learn the value of "it is ok to lose a customer, it happens in any business, because another one will come along." I am confident we could earn $20,000 per year on our personal networks alone. In addition I do think we should pursue the family and TESL teacher markets.

2. Content pays dividends. One thing that I have been ignoring in SEO is the power of writing articles. It makes so much sense...web sites everywhere are looking for content...google loves content. So you write an article, submit to a number of places where webmasters and ezine publishers go to look for content. You get a relative back link to your site, and hopefully some people clicking to find out more about you.

3. The power of large numbers: "You would much rather have a thousand people sending you two visitors a day than depend on two sources to each send you a thousand visitors a day!"



posted by aforward @ 1:40 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me

Previous Posts

Blogs

Links

Archives

What Am I Reading


Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates

eXTReMe Tracker