Rich Dad, Poor Dad

Time for a little book review. I'm nearly finished Rich Dad, Poor Dad. I always avoided the book in the book store because of its ugly cover but since Ryan had it in is house I borrowed it. I have a lot of likes and dislikes about this book.
I like how it downplays the importance of a career, I don't like how repetitive it is.
I like how it encourages people to look for investment opportunites, I don't like how repetitive it is. He could get the jyst of his book across in probably 50 pages.
I like how he is contrarian in saying the rich don't say "I can't afford it" or "I live within my means" he says "how can I afford it."
I like how he challenges you to generate income from assets instead of "gainful" employment".

Well looks like Andrew and I are on the right track, we have a corporation which shelters our little side businesses, we are looking into some real estate investments, I think our current residence will become a rental property in 4-5 years when we start and family and look to upsize.

posted by aforward @ 3:25 PM,

1 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Failing is important too....
i.e. The bankmachine

Can't forget about residual income...
i.e. the travel agency (let's hope we keep that one out of the first list)

Career's are dump, you have a job stupid.... trying to define yourself by working for the man is such a cop out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me

Previous Posts

Blogs

Links

Archives

What Am I Reading


Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates

eXTReMe Tracker